Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Windows and Boats

Today we woke up early (ok, well 8:30), had breakfast, and headed down to Sainte Chapelle... I love these windows!! I wish I could go in there by myself and lay down on the floor and just stare at them...


And, the rose window is my favorite :) It's gorgeous (and just forget that it's depicting the apocolypse).

Later, we walked to the Latin Quarter to search for the most amazing super market--La Grande Epicerie... and spent way to much money on food. But- it was soooo good. I managed to take this photo of the kids before they yelled at me for taking photos in the store? (not sure why?)


After we got lost for a while, we finally got to Luxembourg Gardens - one of our favorites. Maddie just couldn't wait to eat her cupcake. ( and i couldn't wait to take the pic)


They have the most adorable park... that I wish we had at home. This place has it all and is enclosed!!! A mom's dream.

On the merry-go-around...

In line waiting to ride the zip line... (i love french kids.)


On the rope spider web...

On the Carousel (I think there will be a theme this week)...


We've been reading "Madeleine" to get excited for the trip, and they have the Luxemborg pond with the boats... It was so cute to see her.


Last time we came (without kids), we spent 4 hours relaxing on some chairs... and we tried to replicate it this time... wasn't so successful on the 4 hours, but we did spend some time just enjoying eachother.


More relaxing with the 5000 other people...
After the park, the kids both fell asleep (miracle!) in the stroller while we walked slower, had nowhere to go, and just headed back to our house.
We stayed in for dinner tonight with some tasty pasta, ice cream and fruit, baths, storytime... and another great day completed.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the style the boys are wearing with the longer shorts. Keep the pics coming!

Kristina said...

What a fun day! I love those windows too and I am LOVING the daily posts! Your kiddos are so darling. Wish we were with you.