Saturday, August 21, 2010

Parfum, donkeys, a purse and the best ice cream ever

Last time we came to France, we visited the Fragonard Perfume factory and Steve fell in love with some "manly man" scent that he bought... unfortunately he lost it somewhere, so he was excited to get some more!

We walked to a bakery to grab some sandwiches and then to relax at Tuileries gardens... this cute ballet shoe store was on the way.

Maddie looking in the bakery.
We relaxed at the park for around 3 hours... but here and there we did little activities with the kids....

We haven't seen the ponies at Luxemborg Gardens yet, so we grabbed the chance when we saw ponys here. We had a short little ride, but the girls loved it.

I loved this white donkey with Maddie!

And of course little Emi!

Carousel #43? Still very cute!

We tried to coerce Maddie into getting a ride that went up and down, but the motorcycle was just way too cool! And, Emi had to sit on back of course.

The two little munchkins.
Then to the trampolines where I think she could jump for 4 hours. But, only for 5 minutes since it was 2 euro each 5 min...

From there, we took the bus down to the second little island... in search for some delicious and world famous ice cream.

Saw this candy store on the way. Gorgeous.


I LOVE how they present things in France. It just makes things so wonderful to look at. I wanted to buy all of these lollipops.
I have been wanting to buy some scarves, and heard that there might be some here! Becky came down a couple of days earlier for a purse... and I liked one so much I got one too... with two scarves that I am so excited to wear when winter comes :)

This is one of the lines to ice cream. Can ice cream be this good? I mean, it's just the same ingredients, right?

Yes, it is THAT good. I can't vouch for the sweet ice creams, but the sorbets are absolutely and positively amazing. You just can't imagine how good it is until you try it. Emi and I got the red currant and mango. OH MY.


Heading home...

*** And as a note: So far, I've been eating a normal diet full of gluten (5 days now?) And, the results are I don't feel sick at all. I don't feel more tired. I don't feel anything. It really makes me want to get retested-- in fact I think I might. Of course, this might be lowering my immune system etc... but for the rest of the next week and a half... I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

4 comments:

teuscher travels said...

The candy looks gorgeous! You are making me so excited to go over to Europe and not be too far from Paris. I will need to bookmark your blog posts as places to go! So glad you are enjoying it, just looking at your family there makes me happy:)

Ashley said...

WOW, what if you are magically able to eat glutin now?!?! How glorious! Everything there really is beautiful . . . the candy, the buildings, the carousels. . . you are taunting me with talk of these new jackets and purses and scarves and no pictures!

cbleeflang said...

Alie, I'm Canessa Leeflang, I married Bart. I was actually at your wedding reception at Red Butte Gardens (I met Bart and Brian when I was 15) but I can't remember ever formally meeting. I absolutley love reading about France, seeing your pictures and enjoying your journey. France is my favorite place and I am so jealous that you are there for a month!

Hayley said...

yay for emi talking! i'm w ash, let's see some pics of these beautiful accessories, fancy nancy!