Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More indulgence, Bois de Boulogne and jardin d'acclimatation

Once you've fallen off the wagon, it's fun to stay off!!! After the treat last night, I was basically a runaway train...
There is this great bakery around the corner that serves the little baguette sandwiches. I ordered the salmon one yesterday, and I ate the thing in 1 minute.

Then of course one of these for dinner.


And a chocolate eclair too :) Yum.


Today was a non rainy day! We took the metro to Bois de Boulogne (one of the largest parks in Paris)... it was so beautiful... it kind of reminded me of Golden Gate Park, but way way bigger.



There were so many runners at the park, I couldn't resist. I ran for around 1/2 hour around the lake trails... ah! So great!

Maddie had a great time climbing trees.


And Emi tried...


A climber with a walking stick and the rocker with a stick...



Then we rented bikes!! We definitely want to get these seats for the back of bikes when we get back. It is so much fun.


I got the little one on mine :)

Inside the park, is a darling amuzement park/zoo/water park for kids. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who has kids and comes to Paris.

The entrance is something like 3 bucks, and then you pay for each ride after that... or get a coupon with a certain number of rides.


These swings were pretty awesome... I love how the bar is in the front!

I love how little things are different in other countries.

We had to ride this pony ride because we have never seen anything like it! You get on these mechanical horses, and they go around on a track like you're in an equestrian park... very creative!

There were so many enormous/unique playgrounds everywhere! I wish I could get a membership to this place.

This was the water park. (the pic doesn't do it justice)

Each playground is categorized by age (6 different playgrounds next to eachother) ... why don't we do that?? Perfect for Emilie and Maddie who are on different levels.

This little boy cracked me up. Noth'n like running around in your underwear :)

Emilie was EXHAUSTED by the end of this day, but this was the last smile I could get before she passed out in the stroller.
And a peaceful and gorgeous boatride before we trekked it back home.
You know it was a great day when I fell on my bed and didn't wake up 1 second until 9 am.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That looks so great. I really wish we had stuff like that here!

Ashley said...

Another glorious day! I'm dying to know if you are able to eat the food without getting sick. I hope so because it looks incredible!