Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monseur Eiffel and ice cream

Today we slept in (we are still adjusting to the the time)... but Maddie woke up and said "Are we going to the Eiffel tower today?" How could we turn that down? Even though it's so cliche, it really is breathtaking. I love turning the corner after getting off the metro and just seeing it there. So cool.





It is really hard to take a good picture of the Eiffel tower because there are SO many people there, and it is so big, you really have to be far away, and there are so many blocades everywhere... anyway... this is my best shot.



We sat down and had a snack and just relaxed. Everyone kept on asking us what we were planning on doing in Paris for a month... it's hard to respond because just sitting there and doing nothing is so fun. People watching, and just being in such a beautiful city is my favorite thing to do.


Paris is great for kids. They have a two story carousel right by the Eiffel Tower and we couldn't resist.


And- everything is made of wood... so nicely made. Maddie chose the plane !







I like this pic because you can see how close it is to the tower.



Again, everywhere you go there are playgrounds. It is a parent paradise.















We didn't know we couldn't put our feet in the water... oops. Got a yelling for this one!





While Emi was napping, Becky and I took Maddie and Audrey out to see the Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle cathedral... oh, the crowds were a disaster. But, it is August. So, we got some ice cream. Is this why I gained 20 lbs last time I came here???



Ice Cream #1, to be later followed by Ice Cream #2 for dinner. Lucky girl!!


Why don't we make stuff like this anymore? It's so amazing. (one of the facades on the Notre Dame)

Very scary water spouts. I wish I could see these in a rainstorm!


Of course, we ride the metro everywhere now-- and got our monthly pass. It is a drag to carry the stroller up and down, but all in all, it is so convenient. And- probably why people here are so trim. They walk everywhere.


Walking to dinner on the Champs-Elysses... (thanks for the pics Becky).


Waiting for the metro to go home. Today I thought we could definitely live here.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

i can't wait to show avy the pics of maddie w the eiffel tower! she will love it. she's obsessed with the ET.

so fun!

Ashley said...

What a perfectly dreamy day! I love it that you were on a carousel bc yesterday we were at Happy Hollow and I was thinking of you . . . except it was SO hot and SO crowded and NOT AT ALL like Paris in the shadow of the Eiffel! I'm so glad you've found such good GF food there too. Eat tons and you'll burn it all off walking around the city. So fun!

Ashley said...

Looks like you're having a great time! I obviously love city living, so hopefully you do too! I wish I were thin due to all the walking and lugging of strollers up and down subway stairs, but alas!

The Mostess said...

Love Paris--everything about it. The food, the charm...all good. Glad you are having a great time. Send our best to Becky, Chris and Little A!

Stephanie said...

I love it! The carousel is adorable.