Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rain, shopping and fallen off the wagon

Yesterday (I didn't post because I didn't have any photos!) we attempted to visit the Bois de Boulogne (one of the two biggest parks in central paris). But, by the time we got there, it was raining... and we waited...but it kept on raining. We figured it probably wasn't a great idea to bike with the kids in the rain, so we headed home.

Well, Steve headed home and Maddie and I went shopping!

Today was one of those days where I especially appreciated Maddie as my daughter and as one of my best girl friends! (it is so fun to have a daughter who appreciates/likes the same things I do!).

Maddie: So Mom, what are we going to do?
Me: We're going shopping.
Maddie: Great! But, I need an orangina
Me: Awesome!

We went and bought an Orangina, and she was as happy as a clown.

After finding a great toy store, we bought an adorable little theatre where she can control the actors (who are different types of bugs) with a two magnets. We then headed to some kids clothing stores where we bought Emi a shirt and rain coat, and finally a shirt for Maddie.

Maddie: Mom, what are we going to do next?
Me: Get something for me!
Maddie: Ok Great!

(again, loving this)

We headed to a clothing store to look at leather jackets... but there were three colors to choose from, and I didn't know which one to get.

Maddie: What's the matter?
Me: I don't know which color to get.
Maddie: Try them on! (Wow! Very good idea!)

We went into the dressing room and I tried all the jackets on for Maddie.

Me: What about this one? (it was red)
Maddie: I like it. You look like a princess. (the highest compliment)
Me: What about this one? (black)
Maddie: No... slurp (orangina)... doesn't look good.
Me: What about this one? (white)
Maddie: MMM. I like the red one.
Me: Ok- sold. I like it too...

So fun. I love her. We then rushed home so we could be home in time for a Steve's conference call for work.
For dinner, we ate at a Greek restaurant which was Steve's super favorite! For dessert, we went across the street to a Jewish bakery, and I just couldn't resist any longer.
I fell off the wagon. And- far did I fall. I couldn't stand not eating bread, pastries, and all that is irresistible and delicious any longer. I ate this delicious dessert:

And, it was amazing. For a person who hasn't eaten this stuff in more than 3 years now (? I can't remember)... it is heaven.

This wasn't the last!!!

3 comments:

The Mostess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mostess said...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do it! Not worth it!!

Ashley said...

Did you get sick? I hope not too much so you can continue to indulge!

This post REALLY made me want a girl. Seriously, I need one. If only the thought of another kid didn't make me want to crawl in bed forever right now.

I want to see that red leather jacket!