Thursday, August 19, 2010

Aquaboulevard

Before we came here, I read about this place, and promised myself I would go. I LOVE water parks, and this looked awesome- and it was! The only big bummer is that this morning we realized that the park doesn't let any kids under the age of 3 in. Not at all. Not even to sit on the sand. I had to call twice to actually get my head around this?

Why they couldn't have built a little pool somewhere for babies is beyond me... but whatever. I guess there are enough people going, that they don't care. The other European mystery is that they require ALL men to wear speedos. I guess this is a cleanliness issue? Not sure, but we went to a sports store and bought Steve some speedo shorts... (but in the end, he didn't have to wear them after all since Emi couldn't get in! Boo hoo.)

I have never been to such an enormous water park INSIDE. It is gargantuan.

The wave pool is sweet. Esp with the suspended whale- that is actually an entrance to a slide! You walk up the stairs to it's back, and enter it's body... and walk through his belly (seeing his skeleton, intestine, everything!) and then when you get to it's mouth, you go down a water slide :) How cool is that!!!


Then, there is the outside, which is so cool too! I loved going down the slides and seeing tall skyscrapers all around us- I've never experienced that before. Maddie and I loved the waterslide that you see on the very left of this picture. Although it looks pretty tame, we were going pretty fast on the bottom... and got TONS of water in our faces.

This girl was jumping off the walls to get in the pool. I wish I could have taken more photos, but because I was alone, I didn't want to risk 1) losing my camera 2) drowning Maddie 3) getting anything stolen.

Maddie swam from around 12 to 5! We were mad swimming machines... with slides here and there.

When we got hungry, we brought in our (illegal) storebought lunch into the cafeteria (I got some bad looks, but just pretended I didn't know!) and had fun looking at everyone swim.


This pic is awful (forgot to wear waterproof mascara- or even not wear anything at all!) so my face is covered with black smudges... but we were having such a great time. This was the only time we took a break because my boss was ordering me to swim every minute!

At around 5, the steam was wearing out and I got Maddie to swim in the hot tub with me for a while! So nice. The locker rooms are co-ed, so everyone is taking a shower with everyone... which was a little weird for 1 second, but then we just shrugged our shoulders, and got in. I couldn't get her out, actually. The water was so nice.
For not really doing anything other than watching Maddie swim most of the day, I am exhausted. I will definitely be hitting the bed early tonight. We ate at a small place- but then found a yogurt shop (similar to the ones back in the US)... and we had to have some. Yum. We have good things too :)
Steve and Emilie spent the day shopping with Chris and Becky... they ate amazing ice cream (the best in Paris they claim)...maybe we'll catch some of that tomorrow.





1 comment:

Hayley said...

what a blast! no pics of the co-ed showers? JUST KIDDING!
what a fun mom you are!