Saturday, August 8, 2009

An open invitation

Running has been fairly easy for me in my life...until these past couple of months. Why can't I run more than 3 miles? I just stop. I don't want to run anymore, and don't have the will to keep on going.

This isn't what should be happening- especially because I want my prize- the Tiffany necklace that each runner gets after the race.

I wonder what it will look like this year?

So- I've printed out my 10 week half marathon training schedule, and I have to stick to it from now on, or I'm toast.

Please accept this open invitation to anyone who would like to join me. Or, you can ride a bike and yell at me to run faster. Take your pick :)


This is going to be my theme:

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

We'll see if Mr. Patton is right...

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Give me a call anytime you want a running buddy! I'd love to help you train. My Saturday mornings are always free and lately I've been running around 7am, if you ever want to meet up? I can't get myself to run more than 4/4.5 miles lately... sometimes even less, so I know how you feel!!

Raskills said...

I would love to run with you! I am definitely not an early morning runner (I much prefer my sleep) - I like to run in shady, non-hilly places around 8am. Send me your training schedule and I'll mark some of the runs on my calendar so that we can meet up!

(I definitely decided on doing just the half, instead of the full marathon in October, so my training runs won't be as exhausting :) - YAY! :))

Hayley said...

i'll be cheering for you!

Ashley said...

I LOVE that Patten quote!!! My body is always so. so. so. tired!

That is a pretty necklace. If you can't run, you must fake it and cross the finish line. I will drive you there if necessary.