Saturday, August 15, 2009

A great surprise

Steve's mom surprised us with a visit this week, and it has been great to have her play with us, and just be around. We haven't done anything fancy, but I know Maddie has loved to play with her and just follow her around. She's also let us go on a date and have some breaks, which is absolute heaven. thank you.

here's some pics--
maddie has been a little goof walking around with this hat. i think she looks like a female version of huckleberry fin.

so cute.

again, so cute.


emi is just about the happiest/smiliest baby ever.

i love this pic of maddie for some reason. the peaceful/childlike quality is to remember.

waiting in line for the train.

eating treats...

running at the park.

the simplicities of life are the best.

2 comments:

Raskills said...

You're right, Emily is the happiest baby I've ever met. And I've met quite a few babies. :D

I'm so glad you got some time alone w/ Steve! Don and I depend on that for our sanity. :D

-L

Becky said...

How fun to have her there! Also I can't believe how long Maddie's hair is getting - she is becoming so grown up!