Monday, August 3, 2009

Baby Food in its many forms

I bought baby food for Maddie. I didn't even think about making it. Why? It's just easier, right? I'm not sure why I want to make it this time around to be honest. It's the same nutritional value, right? I guess the only argument I can give is that there is more variety in your babies diet if you make it. And, you can give yourself a pat on the back for all that hard work.

Today, I made a lot of baby food. I tried to do it two ways.

1) I poured the mixtures in normal ice cube trays and will pop them out of the trays and put them in zip locks to be taken out and used when I need them.

2) Bought these super cute containers to store them in and feed directly.


Not sure which way I prefer yet.
I must say that my recipe of butternut squash, and a yellow squash and zucchini from our garden was such a hit with Emilie today.
You wouldn't think that it matters, but it really does.
When I try to feed Emilie this:
(these are just regular green beans)

she screams, yells, arches her back to get out of her seat, refuses to eat, gets grouchy, makes life very very difficult. It is a snowball that you don't want to face.
So, it kind of does make a difference! All of that hard work paid off!

4 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

I made baby food with Jack the ice cube way. I have yet to buckle down and do the same for Sophie. Where did you get those cool little containers. I think I might like to try that method.

Ashley said...

I am impressed! It means the world to have a baby like the food. I pretty much gave up on all veggies for max at 7 months.

Raskills said...

I'm impressed too. I tried making baby food a total of two times for the twins, then also for Audrey. After the second time I was done (until the next child came along :)). I agree though, it does seem to taste better!

Andrea said...

Have you seen the book Super Baby Food? Several good suggestions on foods, how to prepare & store, at what age to introduce, etc... Great reference for homemade baby food.