Monday, May 18, 2009

The weekend

Steve's brother, sister in law and beautiful kids came into town this weekend, and we packed each day with adventures... SF, Gilroy Gardens, Santa Cruz...
Here are some highlights:

Walking/swinging downtown SF waiting for the trolleys

I LOVE the cable cars, but it was a little daring of me to take Emilie- she held up... but it's not really meant for 4 mo olds...
Riding the cars at Gilroy Gardens- I had such good memories doing this as a kid, and I think Maddie will too.
The two cousins in their adorable swimsuits trying to keep cool.
Taking a break.
We gave the girls a bath, and they were too adorable for words. I love these pics.
I think I might blow this one up.

Steve's parents came into town for Emilie's blessing, and it was nice to finally have them stay at our house. (for the past 10 years, they've had to stay at hotels because our places were too small).
Thanks for coming! We had a great time!!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

BEAUTIFUL pics, Alie!

Matt and Joanna said...

I love the bathtub pictures. I think it's so fun that you both have girls the same ages!

Mindy said...

I am so incredibly jealous that you get to live there and visit these places whenever! I do love SLC, I'm sure Steve does too, but I would die to live in the Bay Area!! So many great things to do! My husband was born in Redwood City/Palo Alto and we visit his grandparents in the San Jose area as much as possible! We were supposed to be at Gilroy Gardens (& SF & Monterey Bay....*sigh*) that same weekend, but had a sick kid and stayed home.