Friday, May 1, 2009

We need your help!!

So after what seems like years, we are finally painting our house, and I am completely overwhelmed by the colors. I can't decide. Obviously, we aren't painting it bright orange, but it's still overwhelming with so many shades.

It's kind of hard to take a picture that shows colors accurately, and I took this at 6:30 in the morning, but here's the side of the house with some colors on it.

I am leaning towards Brown (the darker brown on the top) and a lighter color Blue/Green (maybe something inbetween the two blues on the bottom.

What do you think? What do you think looks better? Keep in mind that we have a wood door and will have a brick pathway leading up to the house.

My thoughts:
Brown: it makes the white trim pop, which is awesome. But, it may be hot for summer months. Is this a depressing color?
Blue/Green: Uplifting? Not hot? Maybe goes better with wooden door and brick pathway?

This is why I could never be a designer. I can't decide.

9 comments:

Kristina said...

I like the brown bc of how it makes the trim stand out.

Hayley said...

where's the hot pink you were telling me about?

my vote is definitely the blue-green.

Stephanie said...

brown- my mom's house is painted that color and it's really pretty. they have white trim too.

Diana said...

Not that I know anything when it comes to making something look good but I'll cast my vote for the brown as well. I know that when my sister painted her house last summer she felt a bit stressed by the decision and ended up having a designer from a local paint store come and do a consultation and it turned out beautifully. Sometimes it helps to have a professional give some insight - spending seventy or a hundred bucks might just be worth it when it comes to such a costly and big expenditure. And if you hate it you can just blame them :)

Alie said...

thanks everybody! I think I've made my decision!

Ashley said...

Oh you tease, tell us your decision! I feel like an idiot bc I hadn't noticed your house wasn't painted yet. I thought it looks great the way it is right now!

Matt and Joanna said...

I love the brown. It looks so fantastic with the wide/white trim! Plus, it's just classy.

Jen H. said...

I like the brown. My neighbors have a home that color and I admire it as I drive by. I'm not sure it will stay in vogue as long as a lighter color, though.

Jenni said...

if you do the brown get a lighter shade. i say go with the blue