Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day part 2

For the second part of my Mothers Day request, we went up to SF to check out the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. I've heard it was amazing since it was redone, and we were excited to check it out.

The building is very impressive- it has a "green" theme- everything is planet friendly- especially the roof which is covered with mulches/grass. It has the aquarium on the basement, a rainforest, an African section, a white crocodile, penquins... This is a view of the rainforest from above.

The rainforest part is basically a big dome where you walk with butterflies and see all of the different animals on the way.
A quick photo of the fam-- everyone always comments on how gargantuan our stroller is... but we love it.

These guys were amazing- I can't believe their colors and patterns.

Frogs that swing from trees line monkeys? Awesome.

We wanted to take them home...

I love venus fly traps.

The roof of the museum! Amazing, huh? Maybe this will be our future??
My two cuties.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I love the last picture. I really want to go to the Academy of Science soon--I've only heard amazing things about it! Glad you had a great Mothers' Day weekend!