Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The update

While Steve is in the beautiful city of Boston, eating at restaurants, sleeping in a hotel, talking with his friends, learning and growing in his profession (0k- so i'm jealous)......


We have been home (and a few other places) working on potty training (sorry for talking so much about this-- it really doesn't need two blog posts... but I've found something that is just about the coolest thing on earth).
Maddie is doing great- she is well on her way to adulthood!! I can say that it's working, and you need to go out and buy this if you see potty training in your future. I carry this little device everywhere I go... so she can use it in the car, at the park, in nasty stores where no one wants to touch anything... it's great. And, no need to clean anything, you can just throw away the plastic bags... and I don't even buy their plastic bags, I just use my 1000 million Safeway bags that I have been saving.

Ok- enough about that. I have also been looking for fun ways to welcome the summer months... and this is my first purchase:


This bad boy got 5 stars on about every search engine I looked at... but the only problem is that it's sold out everywhere. So, after 10 stores later, I just decided to buy the older model (not as cute umbrella and the box is green instead). Can't wait for it to come.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, I REALLY need to get that potty thing. I've been gearing up to train Emmy soon but I've been wondering what to do since she can't "go" standing up, in random out-of-site bushes. That's the nice thing about potty training boys. I HATE public toilets mixed with potty-training kids.

Ashley said...

So fun! Call us as soon as the sand table arrives, we'll be over! And you'll have to show me the magical ways of this potty trainer. It seems we are following our usual pattern of mothering: You figure stuff out and I copy.