Friday, May 29, 2009

Ah, the spa

On Wednesday, Steve came home for about 4 hours so I could go to the spa for my birthday. Why does this sound like a lot, but not feel like a lot? It went by WAY to fast. This time, I tried something different, and I'm not sure I'll do it again- microdermabrasion.

People swear by it- but I have such sensitive skin, that I feel like basically she put a piece of sandpaper on my face and kept on scrubbing it until I only had one thin layer of skin left. Sounds more horrible than it really was, but I may go for something a little bit less invasive next time around. But, if I look 10 years younger next time you see me- then maybe it was worth it ! Hee hee.

I also got the regular swedish massage- you can't go wrong with that. I put all of my stress in my shoulders, so this is almost transforming for me. My body feels like it can actually move again, and I can move my neck from side to side without feeling lots of pressure.

Anyway- here's to 1 more year- to the ripe age of 31. It's like wine, right? Only better with age.

2 comments:

The Mostess said...

Happy bday!! I can't believe it's been a year since your big bash!

Microdermabrasion is serious business. I think my face would be permanently scarred if I tried that one.

Glad you had a relaxing day!

Hayley said...

Happy Birthday! How did it sneak up so quickly? I can't wait to see your new skin, & if given permission feel it. sounds creepy, i know, but i want to know if mdabrasion really does make it softy & refreshed.

Anywho, happy DAY!!!