Tuesday, April 1, 2008

San Francisco

This last weekend, Steve's brother and wife came into town. They have never been here in the 11 years that we have- so it was so fun to see them here.

We went up to San Francisco and I played tour guide for the day. (Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so here is my best attempt)...

My favorite spot in the city is Crissy field because of the fabulous walk, and view of the bridge. We started walking from Crissy field, walked towards the bridge, walked up the stairs, walked half of the bridge and then walked back.

I just love it. It is breathtaking. There is nothing else like it on earth.

Then, of course we had to take a trolley. I am also in love with these! We hopped on it across from Nordstrom, and took it to the warf. Maddie was laughing and jumping the whole way. I have to admit, so was I!!!


Steve's brother is also a chocolate lover, so of course we stopped at Ghirardelli square. There was a huge line, but we braved it... I didn't think it was going to be worth it (I haven't been in a long while because I hate the warf), but when I put that carmel in my mouth, I thought I was going to die.... WHOO HOO. That stuff is delicious.

Then, we took the trolley back and walked around some more, until we were all exhausted.

When all my kids are grown, I tell Steve that we should move into one of those swanky condos on top of the highrises with a view of the bay....

2 comments:

Kristina said...

wow, sounds like you had my perfect day!! chocolate sundaes and SF are the best!! if you ever want to repeat that excursion, let me know. andrew and I would be there in a heart beat

Brooke said...

hi there! remember us? hope you guys are doing well! next time you come to SF bring the buskirks and come visit us! love your photos by the way, they are great!