Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ok- I'm reading it

After so many of my friends have been gushing about this book, I decided to cave into the peer pressure. Luckily, a close friend had it and apparently doesn't want it back? (are you sure?)

I chose the elliptical today instead of the treadmill so that I could use the time most efficiently. It is a good book so far... very easy read. It reminds me a little bit of Nancy Drew? Is this a fair comparison? I think I read every one of those books... including "The Babysitter's Club." There were 100 of them?

In the meantime, poor Steve is working around the clock on either work or the house. We have been trying to find a plummer and get some quotes-- and we are just shocked at how expensive they are!!! If anyone has a cheap/good plummer that they would recommend, please send them our way. (Not just for little things... more like a contractor/plummer).

We have also been trying to narrow down our windows. We really like Pella

They have aluminum on the outside and wood on the inside. And- the grids are on the outside of the glass.

But- Vinyl windows are cheaper, but not much cheaper. The grids are on the inside of the glass.

Is this too much information? I think we would pull the trigger on Pella, but they don't have the exact grids that we are looking for until late April or even May.

If you ever need to know about windows, just call me. Oh- and for those of you who are interested.... my dad told me about the "sweets architectural catalogue." It's apparently the bible for all architects/construction people on all things about building homes.

I think this is their website: http://products.construction.com/portal/server.pt

It lists almost every company under every catagory that you are looking for.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Twilight is dead to me. But I'm curious to know what you think!

The Mostess said...

Agreed with Ashley. Twilight..bleh. If it sucks, you can claim you got tricked into reading it. That's what I would do if I were you.

teuscher travels said...

It is found in the Young Adult book section...so it is a fun and easy read with all of the romantic cliches, but that said I love an easy "brain candy" read! It is nice to just escape for awhile....seriously it cant be more detrimental than reality TV right? I loved it for what it was as long as you arent looking for something deep it is perfect- think along the lines of Harry Potter...some people went crazy for it, but most of us stayed sane. (although I am not in love with the main character and seem to be in the minority - I tend to like my men tall dark and handsome:))