Monday, April 7, 2008

Buying pants for a toddler


Maddie has a huge belly. It is utterly adorable, but impossible to find pants for her, because her length of legs are not proportional to the width of her belly!
This weekend, Steve and I were trying to put pants on her, and noticed that her belly has outgrown all of her pants... so we had to put them on without zipping and buttoning them up. I have done this before, and it doesn't bother me, but when it's happening with all of her pants, I realized that I should probably replace them.
I went to the usual stores this morning to buy her some new pants, but still ended up pretty frustrated because most of the pants these days have elastic bands at the top-- which is exactly the opposite of what I need.
I ended up buying really big pants and will just have to fold them up 4 times! I hope they work.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What Not to Wear would say to buy for the biggest part of your body (the waist for me and Maddie) and then got the garment altered. So that's what Maddie needs to do. Ha ha.

Becky said...

Alie,

I have a sewing machine - we can hem them... Just let me know if you want to come by...