Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Maddie and I went to Salt Lake City for my friends wedding, and also took some extra days to see family. Here are a couple of highlights from the trip:


This is Maddie with her cousins... they are all pretty close in age, but Maddie is the youngest... so I'm afraid they had to put up with her throwing sand on them, taking their toys etc....


She loves playing ring around the rosies right now... and I just love this shot... it's just clearly childhood.

This is one of my other favorites.

As a great thanks to Steve's family, I was able to attend my friends wedding in the beautiful canyon without Maddie. It was a gorgeous setting under the trees...

This was one of my favorite shots because her parents were giving their advice/words of wisdom to them. It was really touching... I just love how Emily's dad is holding his arm around her mom.

What a beautiful couple. I was crying at their toasts. I can't remember an event where the toasts were so meaningful. I don't know if it was because they were both lawyers, and extremely talented writers, but their words to eachother were beautiful.... I hope they type them up somewhere special.

Maddie and I then took the road to Park City where we spent two days with my parents. She was spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. She spent her time playing in the sand, swinging on the playset, and swimming for hours in the afternoon.


Our hotel was really beautiful with picturesque paths everywhere... perfect for her to wander.

She really enjoyed herself :)


The hotel also had natural spas... it was so tempting for me because sitting in hot water is about my all time favorite thing to do. But- since I'm pregnant, I only put my legs in. But- Maddie loved it... which was surprising because the water was so hot. Once she got in one of these, she didn't want to swim in the big pool anymore... figures!


No comments: