Sunday, September 7, 2008

A great Saturday

When I was a Freshman, I auditioned for a play I really wanted to get into. It was a yearly play that was put on by Stanford to make fun of the Berkeley/Stanford rivalry.
Back to the point- I heard that if you got in, they would wake you up at a horrendously early time by pounding on your dorm door and screaming that you come out. You put on your flip flops and march around with them all over campus in your PJ's to get everyone else that made it, and then they took you to breakfast.

Well, luckily, I did get into this play, and it was awesome!!! I loved every minute of them pounding on my door at 5 in the morning shouting for me to come out.

I thought I would suggest that a couple of my friend's girlfriends try the same tactic on her to celebrate the upcoming arrival of her next baby boy. We all look pretty awful (okay- I look really awful) because let's face it- it was too early to even think about brushing your hair or teeth... but here are some pics:This is right after we conducted the undercover work of breaking into their house and suprising her in bed?! Yikes. (Maybe we should have just pounded on the front door)
We took her to a friend's beautiful backyard and ate homemade breakfast and gave her little onsies...
The expectant mother.... Congratulations!!!!


After the early morning wakeup, I decided that I should probably go running with all of those calories I just shoved down... so Maddie and I went to the YMCA... then came home, took a nap and headed over to Shoreline in Mountain View to check out the Sailing and Windsurfing Classes...



It was such a beautiful day!!! Sadly, they won't let Maddie get on the boats until she turns 2, but I think I know what we're going to do on her birthday! She was so excited to get in the boats, and put on her little life jacket :)


After our day at the lake, we came home and I got ready to drive up to San Francisco. Steve was nice enough to sacrifice one night!!! THANK YOU. My super best friends from college were all in town- one flew in from Boston and the other drove down from Santa Rosa, and we met in the most DELICIOUS restaurant in the Castro: ZADIN-- http://www.zadinsf.com/. It was so yummy, and almost everything on the menu (except for 2 items) were gluten free.

What a great Saturday!!!!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

what a fun day! and speak for yourself...some of the party-goers did brush hair and teeth.