Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Palin

My friend alerted me to the latest Obama line..."She knows as much about pit bulls as she does foreign policy."

Albiet funny, the pitbull jokes are getting kind of old. More importantly-- What do people think about Palin?

I have to admit that I was seriously shocked that McCain chose a woman, but I think it was a brilliant choice. Aside from the benefits of bringing in "core" republicans, and maybe attracting the Clinton voters... I think it has rejuvenated their campaign in endless ways for so many voters, including myself.

Yes- I know I shouldn't vote for her because she is just a woman, but I definitely am factoring it in my decision. This is going to be a hard race for me... I started out very pro Obama, but now I'm wavering. And, I think that has a lot to do with Palin- which is why I think her appointment was such a great idea.

She puts life into what appeared to be a typical campaign- and definitely competes with the youth, fresh blood, non-washington type of politics that Obama has been espousing all along-- with the added benefit of Mcain's experience in foreign policy etc.

And- wouldn't it be historic if McCain did pass away and Palin was appointed President? Could she handle it? A small Alaskan governor? I'd like to think she could, but I'm not sure. But, to be fair, Palin probably has at least as much experience in politics as Obama does? Would you agree?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I agree: Palin has brought new life to the McCain campaign. But I cannot get over the fact that she has several young children, including an infant. Who is going to raise her children while she serves in office? Certainly not her...

leakysieve said...

I have never been an Obabma fan, so it is easier for me to be excited for Palin's appointment. I do wonder about her family and how she is going to work that working mother image, but lots of women never see their kids because of work. Surely she has more knowledge than a pitbull, and more experience in govt. than Obama. I think appointing a woman was brilliant on McCain's part! I am excited to see how it all plays out.

The Mostess said...

I won't comment either way...but I am seriously sick of the pitbull bit!

Lindsey said...

you know i have an opinion! to me, palin is mccains saving grace...i think you know how i have felt about him. but i have been much more motivated with the campaign since palin entered it. she actually brought life and a little personality to the table.