Wednesday, August 27, 2008

9 years... but who's counting?

So, this is us when we just got married- Steve looks so young! Woah. 9 years ago!? Has it really been that long?

Even though our anniversary is officially August 28th, we celebrated on Tuesday because Maddie and I are heading out of town tomorrow for a friends wedding.

We celebrated by going to a restaurant I have been wanting to go to for a while now: Le Papillon. It is kind of expensive, but it was nice to check off the list. I have to admit I was expecting more for some reason- I'm not sure if it's because I've been currently obsessed with "Iron Chef," and my ideals are set above what is even possible, or if it was because I'm currently totally grossed out by red meat because of pregnancy... but I would give it 3 out of 4 stars.

Anyway- back to our anniversary and being married 9 years.

Being married 9 years. I have to think about what that means. For me, I got a lot of thrill from "the chase," or the "flirting years," and it's hard to keep that up after a while. You are so used to eachother, you are so busy with life, the excitement of eachother kind of fades... I guess that's why "Twilight" is so popular? A moment of that excitement to get away from the ordinary?

Marriage is wonderful- but it is a lot of work. Can't it just be like those cheesy movies where they are madly in love with eachother and he writes poems for you and leaves you notes on your pillow to read when you wake up? Ha, ha, ha!!

Ok- I'm getting carried away...

Hey- I have an idea! I'm going to do something FOR HIM! Maybe that will start a chain reaction.... (I'll post about if it works...)

3 comments:

The Mostess said...

Hey! That's where we went for our 5th anniversary! See my previous post for proof! ;)

I agree on the rating...

Marriage is work, especially when you have kids. You gotta juggle the fun stuff with the ho-hum stuff of daily life...9 years and counting! What are you doing for 10?

Hayley said...

I say we do "the amazing date" for #10 :) congrats leeflangs! and yes, steve does look like a cutesie pre-teen with a rockin hot super model.

teuscher travels said...

Congrats on 9 years!! And your pic is BEAUTIFUL - I agree with Hayley!! Have fun in Utah!!