Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Never take the train from the SFO airport


I am hesitant to write about this, but I thought I'd warn everyone and anyone to never never never take the train from SFO airport to the South Bay.
After a long weekend, and long trip on the plane, I realized my cell phone didn't work, and Steve couldn't pick me up. I don't memorize phone numbers any more, so I thought it would be a fun adventure to take the train home?! (Well, not really... I was a tad grumpy that Steve wasn't going to pick me up and didn't want to bother anyone, so I thought I would be a martyr and take the train home to prove that I could do it!)
Here is what the trip involved:
1. Take the air bus to the Bart station
2. Take Bart up one stop towards San Francisco to get to another line
3. Take another Bart train down two stations
4. Cross the platform to take the Caltrain south
5. Sit on Caltrain while it stops at everystop not even worth mentioning
6. Take a cab home
Total cost: $15
Exhaustion/Frustration: Not priceless.
Of course, this trip could be doable if you didn't have a) a 2 year old; b) a car seat; c) a big piece of luggage and backpack; and d) an umbrella stroller. But- it was a miracle that I got home in one piece.
We arrived in SFO at 10:00 am and finally got home at 2 pm!! Definitely not worth it. Next time, I'll suck it up, throw my pride aside and take a ride from anyone willing to pick us up :)


3 comments:

The Mostess said...

Yeah...public transportation in the US sucks and is totally inconvenient. Please call us next time!

Hayley said...

homegirl - you have friends, like myself, who want nothing more than to make your life a bit simpler. look up my #, memorize it, and dial next time. once again, the recipe is: look up my #, memorize it, and dial next time.

Hayley said...

ps- i'm really glad to know this...my penny-pinching hubby and brother are always trying to get me to take the train to save moola. i'll refer them to this post. thanks!