Monday, September 15, 2008

Yum!

A couple of months ago, I decided to buy:
And, I was not disappointed. I generally shy away from brands like Skippy (lots of fat, added sugars etc... but this is exactly what they claim it to be (at least I hope?). It is seriously the best peanut butter I have ever tasted... and it's pretty much just peanut butter, but isn't like the other natural ones where there is a cup of oil on the top and the rest of the peanut butter on the bottom. Yum. The only downside is that it isn't cheap, but I splurge... it's worth it.

Another good buy recently was the Trader Joes Strawberry and Kiwi juice. Again, it is pure juice... it is really scrumptious. Steve (and I agree) tend to stay away from drinks that claim to have no sugar etc. (It just tastes weird- with all of the added stuff they put in it.... I feel like I'm drinking straight chemicals.)

We always add 50% water to the juice anyway, because it makes it last longer, and we think juice is overly sweet.


And, finally, I have rediscovered my love of Salmon recently. I think the Costco Salmon is the best buy that I've found. I generally cut it into individiual servings, lay the fillets on a cooking sheet. Brush each piece with olive oil and seasonings, a little salt, put it in the oven (our b-bque is out of gas right now) on broil for 8-10 minuutes... and YUM. So good.

I always like serving it with rice and some sort of vegetable...

No comments: