Thursday, March 6, 2008

Details, details, details


Steve gave me the assignment to take care of the chosing and ordering of all the windows and doors to our new house. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time when I shook on it, but I am now deep in over my head.


Who knew about grids, casements vs. single hung windows, dimensions of the perimeter of the window....


I'm exhausted. After talking with a sub contractor today, I realized I better do some more homework.


I took Maddie to the cutest park (you must come with me sometime!), I drove around Los Altos getting ideas. I think I've narrowed it down.... but seriously--

Which is better:


1. Single hung windows- the ones that you pull up to open up
2. Casement windows-- ones the crank out


I just don't really know?! I guess it's just a matter of taste.


Tomorrow I'm going to try and hit the "door" store and see what types of french doors I like. I LOVE FRENCH DOORS. What a great invention. I don't know what it is about them, but they are just lovely.


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are fun decisions, but they would still stress me out. I think I prefer single-hung windows.

Kristina said...

So exciting! I think I like the windows you crank out the best, but I'm sure either will look beautiful. I absolutely LOVE French doors too. Can't wait to see what you choose!

Becky said...

I also love French Doors.

However, My parent's house growing up had the crank windows - and I just hated them!!! It is a pain to crank them - firstly, but they also never seem to open as well to let the breese in - there is that window hanging out there blocking it from coming in... So I would have to say single-hung windows for sure.

good luck with your decision!!

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here