Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tuesday is my break from the little monkey


Yesterday I spent the entire day devoted to Maddie. I did not have any plans. Although this was awesome for her- I was exhausted. Toddlers are exhausting. For me, it was a lot easier to work 10 hours a day in the courtroom than chase a little Toddler around.

Anyway, I was so excited for the night to roll around, because Tuesdays are my night off. Steve is really nice to give me Tuesdays each week. Sometimes I don't take them, and then regret it. But- this week, I decided that I was going to do something fun.


Usually- I love going to the movies alone! It is so great to sit in the movie theatre of my choice, watching the movie I want to watch. But yesterday, I decided to e-mail my great friend (who has the same taste in movies as I do!) and she came with not much notice... we had a great time basking in the predictable cheesiness of 27 dresses. What a great movie. Loved it.


I had a great break and I feel energized to chase the little monkey around again.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

how fun. we all need a break from the chaos. it is funny...we wouldn't trade it for the world, but man it's a challenge sometimes.

good thing they are cute

Andrea said...

Can I join you next Tuesday? You can buy me popcorn.