Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mixing friends/family with money



I tried to start a company a while back with a friend, and things went south. For the company and our friendship. Since then, I have vowed to not mix friends and/or family with money. But- on the other hand, Steve started a company with three close friends, and it has been successful for the company and his friendship... so is it just me?


While starting the photog company- I haven't mixed friends into the mix until I hired a friend to do my logo. She is a fabulous designer, and I'm sad she's across the country. But- I hope she doesn't hate me by the end of this process. I keep on calling her and asking her to change this and that.


(It has been such a hard process to decide on a logo. I went with a company that had many recommendations-- but I HATED all of their ideas (it's kind of a strong reaction-- but you would feel the same if you saw them). It is so hard to find something that you like- and that fits with the style that you want to portray.)


I think we have narrowed it down... and it is very close.
THANKS MELISSA!!!

3 comments:

The Carlii said...

Alie I told you not to be extreme! I promise it would take more than one itty bitty logo for you to be able to get rid of me! And I'm sad I'm not there too...

Lindsey said...

I really can't WAIT to see it...and the website. I don't doubt it will be FABULOUS with the wonderful ms. carlos doing it for you!

Tracy said...

Your pics to go with your blog posts are hilarious! With you taking the pics and Melissa doing the logo you are SET!!