Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ups and Downs

This past week was probably the hardest in my parenting life. It all started with Emilie getting shots and screaming for 5-6 hours in the afternoon with Maddie not taking a nap. It completely wiped me out. Every muscle of my body ached. Steve came home and thought I had chemo.

The next day was probably about the same- so for the next couple of days, I was trying to recover. Steve came home at 3:30 one of these days to let me take a break, and I went and wandered the mall on Saturday for 2 hours.

Nothing will prepare you for parenthood until you go through it yourself, but I don't think I've appreciated my parents (or any parents for that matter) as much as I should have until now!!!

It definitely makes me appreciate the happier times :) (like now when they are both sleeping!!)

On other notes- after 3 weeks of planning to go to Disneyland and San Diego, we have decided to do something completely different. Crowds + heat does not really equal relaxation, so we are looking for something different. Maybe renting a house in the middle of nowhere on a lake? If you have any suggestions, send them our way!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Disneyland is certainly NOT the place to help you feel relaxed. Have you considered Tahoe? or somewhere along the coast?