Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trying to enjoy every minute


Emilie is 5 days old today and we are trying to relax and enjoy being together. It has been pure bliss to have Steve home all hours of the day for this week, and I wish it could last forever.

But fortunately for us, Steve's mom is coming on Friday for a couple of days and then my parents for a week after that, so Maddie is very excited to have the extra attention.

So far (although I know it will change), the night feedings have not been so bad- I was reminded by my favorite book about baby sleeping (The No Cry Sleep Solution) that these moments will pass by too fast, and although it is tiring, if you try to enjoy the moments and make the most out of it, your baby will soon be sleeping by their own, and you'll miss holding them in your arms at night. So that's my goal :)

Yesterday we met one of our neighbors who just so happens to have a daughter around Maddie's age who speaks Mandarin. Although they couldn't really talk to eachother, they got along really well and played outside for quite a while. They both somehow started "talking" about Thomas the Train (yes, he crosses all nationalities and languages) and they were best friends.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

That picture is just TOO cute!! You are so talented... and it helps that you have such a beautiful little girl to take pictures of. Congrats! Glad you are enjoying every minute... all of a sudden they are huge and you don't know what happened!

The Mostess said...

Friendships are based on fun and play when you're a kid--of course they're besties!!

She's SOOO cute!

Stephanie said...

Man, I really need to get myself a baby. Post something about how much work they are or something to cure me!

Lindsey said...

so cute! it was fun to chat today and I can't wait to meet little emilie.

that is hilarious about maddie playing. i'm quite certain she can understand her friend just as well as she can understand christian :)

Melanie said...

She is soo beautiful!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Congrats you guys!!!