Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Appreciation

I tend to be a grass is greener type of girl. I always want to be in some other situation not my own.

When I'm working, I want to stay home. When I'm at home, I want to work. It's one of my challenges.

So, as I'm at home these days, time has definitely slowed down to the pace of a new born baby... which can at times be very frustrating. But, I have been trying to read as much as I can- and have made a list of books that I want to read this year.

The first that I finished today was "The Time Traveler's Wife." Many tears were shed when I closed the book. It is a love story about many of the routine situations/experiences in life... but I really loved it because it reminds me that these events are what life is made out of... and will quickly disappear. It makes you clearly aware of the passage of time.

Did anyone read this book? What did you think?

2 comments:

The Gamber Family said...

I'm in the middle of the book and am totally addicted to it. Been staying up all hours of the night reading--I completely love it!!

leakysieve said...

I am putting it on my list. If you need a few new titles let me know. I would rather read than eat :)