Tuesday, February 24, 2009


So, I finally decided to give Safeway online a chance. What a great concept- pick your groceries online, and have it delivered? Free delivery on your first purchase? What could go wrong?
I found the website to be pretty straight forward- some people think it's a pain to go through each item, but I think it's organized really well, and once you pick what you want your first time, it saves your grocery list, and you don't have to change that much the next time you do it.
As for the delivery, they were late. It was kind of a pain, because they gave me a window of 12-2 and they came at 3. Normally, this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but when you have two kids and they are both sleeping and you want to doze yourself, each minute is agony.
So- I wasn't that much of a happy camper when they came late.
The groceries were intact, but I didn't anticipate that I would have any problems with the vegetables/fruit. I guess we all have our preferences for how "ripe" things are. I usually tend to buy really GREEN banannas and semi ripe avocados, so when the banannas came really yellow, and the avacados came rock hard, I was kind of disappointed.
Next time, I might take the leap and go to the grocery store in person. That way I can pick exactly the type of ripeness that I want. What a concept. hee hee.


No comments: