Monday, July 28, 2008

A wedding

My best friend from law school got married on Saturday at the Forgerty winery on Skyline Blvd. It was so beautiful- I would have taken way more pictures, but we brought Maddie- so my hands were usually holding her.



Wow- if I were to get married again (don't worry Steve, this is just a hypothetical), I would seriously consider this place. The views were amazing, and I loved how the ceremony was outside with petals scattered everywhere.



I really wish I took pictures of her dress. It was my favorite. Again- if I could wear this dress, and if I were to get married again, I would wear it. It was something like this- but not really. very simple, without the fancy stuff at the top, but folds in the dress...




This is a pic of the view of the reception area


And the vineyards. There is something so peaceful/beautiful about vineyards and the smell of the earth when you walk through them.






A mouth full of appetizers.






Hanging out, waiting for dinner.




Her colors were brown (love) and pink.

We have not gotten out as a family for many many months. So, I had a great time just sitting next to Steve. (isn't that sad!?).



This is when Maddie just about had it with sitting at the formal table. I don't know if I'll take her again to a wedding- it was fun, but it was exhausting, and I'm thinking that she might have a better time at home?

1 comment:

The Mostess said...

I love weddings, too. Maddie looks so cute and summery!