Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mama Mia

So, I went to see Mama Mia. In one word... LOVE! If it weren't for my concern about not embarrassing the people next to me, I would have stood up and danced and sung at the top of my lungs throughout the whole movie.

Men: please don't see this movie. i think you would die. it is a chick flick x 100,000,000

Aside from the scenes where poor Pierce Brosnan tried to get himself through a medley, I thought the entire movie was perfectly done. I just loved how they made fun of themselves, and let down their hair- especially for actors who have done a lot of serious work in the past.

Meryl Streep was fantastic. I was a little bit nervous because she got some bad reviews, but I was seriously impressed by her ability to let free and sing her heart out. And- dance her heart out!? I have never seen her like this, and it was a great 2 hours.
Meryl is 58? Look at her go! I hope I can do the moves she did in the movie when I'm her age.

I still love him despite his painful solo scenes... he should stick with his normal roles... and forget about the world of musicals. For some reason, he just looks so unatural singing....

And finally... this young star was so great! (Isn't she in Mean Girls? What a difference?) I hope to see more of her in the future.

Mamma: A+

3 comments:

Hayley said...

The lady next to you was secretly dying to jump up and sing and dance too...at least that's what I would assume :)

LOVED IT! And for the record Alie, YOU are the dancing queen.

Hayley said...

1 more comment/question: do you now more than ever have a strong NEED to live in Greece at some point in your life? So gorgeous!

The Mostess said...

So...girl's night out down the line should include Mamma Mia. Then we can sing and dance like fools.