Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th of July

Our 4th of July was very productive. First off, I love getting paid and not having to work! That is the best concept, and I fully appreciated every second of it!!

Steve's little brother Pieter came on Thursday to help Steve with the electrical systems for our house. We are so greatful that he came- he has been so productive and helpful. He basically works from 7 am to 11:30 pm... I don't know how he is doing it. Hopefully, he'll be able to relax and swim before he leaves...

YAY PIETER!

I went over and brought chicken kabobs/rice/salad because they had been living on chips. They have also been living on meat? So weird. Are all men like this? For dinner on Friday night, they just ate steak, and then had double burgers from in and out. Oh, it's disgusting...



This is the little construction worker, checking out their progess:


Maddie doesn't really like going to the worksite anymore, because she gets trapped in the house so I can watch her while I talk to Steve. But, sometimes, I let her play with the water hose outside, which is really messy, but worth the giggles and laughs.


In the afternoon, Maddie and I went to a friend's barbeque where she swam in their kiddie pool. She loves loves loves it.


This is my favorite shot of the day. I love the happiness in her face...


She sat in the pool and splashed everywhere. It was aweome. This is her caught in the action...


And here...

Watermellon is the best. I'm glad she loves it as much as I do.

The key guests at the party were two twins that were born 2 weeks before? They were tiny- I couldn't bring myself to pick them up. I think they were 4 lbs each?! Yikes. We put the baby girl in Maddie's baby stroller.... she fit right in!














4 comments:

The Mostess said...

I *love* that pic of Maddie in the pool...she looks like she is up to no good! ;)

Matt and Joanna said...

Hey you guys! Pieter gave me your blog, Maddie is SO cute! She's getting so big. And, I heard you have another one on the way! Congrats-when are you due?

Unknown said...

I must say... those are some pretty awesome pictures... even if I am a little biased

Leah said...

Alie-
I stumbled onto your blog and was excited to see and hear how you are doing. Alex and I live in Utah now with our 2 kiddos where Alex and his father started up a law firm in Sandy where they focus on Father's rights within family law. I saw you have a little girl! That's so exciting! Hey, send me your email address and I can give you permission in to see our blog. My email is aubyneeah@yahoo.com or aubyneeah@gmail.com.
Hope to hear from ya soon!
Leah Jolley