Monday, July 27, 2009

My favorite part of day

There is nothing like evenings during the summertime- right after dinner when the sun is going down, and it's still warm, but not cold. I wish it could be like that all the time.

Yesterday at around 7 we picked the vegetables in our garden. We were surprised by how much we got:

these are our favorites. cherry tomatos are great in everything, and especially just by themselves.

we planted cucumbers this year because maddie loves them. next year, we'll only plant two, because they are out of control.

and- the tomatoes. lots of them.
i think we'll be making salsa for a while.
We also made a great zucchini soup last night that I would totally recommend. we all had 3 servingfulls. Here's the recipe:http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Zucchini-and-Rosemary-Soup-252


3 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

Yum! This is giving me a craving for gazpacho.

Stephanie said...

I have a gooood recipe for cucumber salsa. I have to give it to you.

The Mostess said...

Our bounty has been less than spectacular. Feel free to drop some veggies off on our doorstep!

Stephanie--please post the cucumber salsa for us!