Monday, July 20, 2009

6 out of 5 stars


At 8:30 pm on Saturday night, I called our babysitter on a whim and asked her if she could come over so Steve and I could watch Harry Potter... and the stars aligned.

So good. Really, this is one of the better movies we've seen in a while. Why aren't all movies like this?

But on a tangential note, we were both taken a little aback by the violent previews... especially for a kids movie. It may be a sign that we're getting old, or that we are now parents, or that Hollywood is trying to up the ante, but it reminded me of a great quote I read from Michelle Pfeiffer- something like this:

"Hollywood is a bunch of men living out their adolescent fantasies."

Isn't that so true? Lots of violence, lots of sex? And, that pretty much sums up 99% of what is coming out of the movie studios. But, luckily, Harry Potter was an exception.

1 comment:

The Mostess said...

A movie we agree on. That's a first! ;)

I think we saw the same previews, though, but I have no idea what you're talking about. All I saw were kids ads, and nothing seemed particularly bad.

Guess we're back to disagreeing! HAHA.