Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hit like a train

After our vacation, we were hit like a train head on. Steve closed the doors on his company that he started six (?) years ago, and had to take care of all the assets in the building (ie cleaning room, computers, chairs, tables... complicated equipment I don't even know how to name). He left at 7 am and came back at 12am on Mon and started the same time, but came back at 2 am on Tuesday.

Urgh. Yesterday was similar, but at the end of the day, both of us coudn't even stand up to clean the mess of our house that happens at the end of a vacation and 2 days that I didn't clean or pick up a thing.

I don't have the strength to even start organizing our house, so Maddie and I went outside to see how our garden is doing.

This is what we picked! I've never grown zucchini or tomatoes, so this is super exciting for me. Now, I'm in search for a recipe so we can devour these babies in style.

Maybe they'll give us the strength to clean?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

If you find a good zucchini recipe send it my way! Every year I plant zucchini and every year I don't know what to do with them.

The Mostess said...

Well, I love zucchini bread, but that counts us out. WAH!!!

Hayley said...

ugghh! unpacking from trips is the pits. a husband closing his company and being MIA is even more the pits.

hang in there! come play!