Monday, January 26, 2009

Eclairs

Before I had children, Chocolate was a close second to all things salty. But, probably for the change in hormones, I have become a glutton for chocolate like I never thought I would.

This weeks temptation has been eclairs. Steve's birthday was last week- and he is pretty choosy about what eclairs he likes. His mom always made them for him growing up, and filled them with custard, not cream. Unfortunately, most places fill them with cream, so he is really disappointed.

This year, instead of making a cake, I thought I would try to track down the best cream filled eclair I could. And, I think I did it!!!

Maddie and I bought two giant eclairs filled with vanilla custard, wrapped them up in a box and decorated it with little bows. He was swimming on the floor with happiness as he devoured each bite... and I was seriously SERIOUSLY jealous.

This weekend I made my first attempt at not only the eclair, but the gluten free eclair. Luckily, I don't think it makes a difference what type of flour you use, so I was pleasantly surprised.

They were beyond delicious. I had one on Sunday morning right in front of the fridge, and I couldn't stop eating. YUM.

I can't stop thinking about these little friends, so I think I'm going to make another batch tonight...

5 comments:

leakysieve said...

Okay where did you find perfection? After drooling over your photos, I NEED one or maybe two.

Kristine Gray said...

Can I have the gluten free recipe?

The Mostess said...

Better yet--why don't you just whip up a batch and drop em on by for us??

You know, in your spare time. I see no baby yet...so looks like your schedule should be wide open! ;)

Tyler Kearl said...

I crave eclairs. I think Lindsey would like the location of the tasty eclairs for a Valentine's Day surprise for...me. Right Lindsey?

Stephanie said...

Hey Alli! Cute blog. Your house looks gorgeous! Oh wow I'm so jealous. You guys worked hard though!