Thursday, January 22, 2009

Excitement and dread

As the days come quickly towards my due date, I feel both excited and extremely nervous/anxious for the hard work and sleepless nights. I've seen many around me stumble through the first 3 months, so I would be lying if I didn't say that I am not excited for that part.

But, as are most things in life, the best things are hard work and are the most fulfilling. Those first 3 months will pass quickly by...

I'm going in for another doctor's appointment tomorrow to see what we can do to not go 2 weeks over again, so my fingers are crossed for this weekend.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope I haven't conveyed too much dread! It's easy to complain about the hard parts but not gush enough about the wonderful parts of having a newborn. I am jealous of your photography skills, too. You will have so much fun with your new little subject. And you will have so many precious, sweet, fleeting moments. Tiny little babies are the sweetest things ever invented. I think they have to be to make up for the tiredness and craziness that comes with them.

The Gamber Family said...

You'll make it through!! It's definitely a transition to go from a self-sufficient little one to having another that needs your complete attention. But you've got a good attitude--survive the first 3 months and you're golden!!! And, bribe Maddy with an awesome gift from her new little sister, and they'll be friends for life (or at least until she starts crawling & getting into Maddy's stuff--that's when we heard "When are we taking Grant back to the hospital?")

The Carlii said...

I PROMISE you it goes even faster with the second one. Seriously I had Ty yesterday and he just got his first tooth. Try to breathe through the sleepless nights, take a million pictures, and give lots of hugs. We'll be thinking about you!! Miss you!