Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Remember that stuff is bad

Packing and moving is all it takes to remind me that stuff is bad. Trinkets, decorations, clothes, and yes, even books are unecessary. (Why did we keep so many books from undergrad and grad school? I should have sold them the second I had the chance!)

Right now all I want to own is 1 outfit, a bed, a can of beans and my toothbrush. That's it. Because- really, we have way way too much stuff, and moving it is no fun at all.

I finished packing our "den," the bookshelves, most of the kitchen and food, and have the bedroom, bath and 5 million little things left :)

We were planning on sleeping in the new house tonight, but it seems that PG & E forgot to tell us that it is a multiple day process to hook up your power. So, the waiting game continues and hopefully we'll be sleeping in a warm house in the next couple of days.

3 comments:

teuscher travels said...

A chance to declutter is the ONLY bright spot to moving! It is amazing what you dont need when you think about hauling it to a new place or across another state! Soooo excited for your new house! I cant wait to see the kitchen! Do you need help? You are super woman for moving now!

Ashley said...

Amen and amen. I am grateful to be transient for this reason.

The Mostess said...

A can of beans? Eew. How about a can of soup?