Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Routines


Since our move, we are starting to get into our normal routines again. We haven't done that many thrilling/exciting things, but I have really enjoyed the simple things of life lately.
I love waking up in the morning with "mom, mommy," and bringing little M into our bed, having breakfast and dinner with my small little family, and playing with PlayDough with M for hours in the afternoon. (She is currently obsessed with cutting everything... I make long snakes and she cuts them, I make cakes, and she cuts them, I make spaghetti, and you guessed it, she cuts them). Although switching to the slower pace of toddlerhood can be frustrating, when I try to embrace it, life goes a lot smoother.
I have also loved loved LOVED Steve coming home for the night? Is it too good to be true? It's almost weird to have him come home for dinner and stay- it has been a long time coming. We actually have had a couple of conversations and played some tournaments of Uno! Welcome back Steve!
I have been also trying to take it easy to enjoy the calm before the storm of a newborn, taking naps when I can (especially when I wake up at 3 am(!) like today.) It has been a struggle since I look around and stare at the trim that I want to sand and paint on all of our windows, but I know I won't have moments of peace like this for a while.
Here's to the beautiful routines of life!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

so i see you posted at 4:13am. you definitely did rise early today!

besides sleeping later than 3 am, life doesn't get much better than uno.

Ashley said...

See this is why you are a better mom than me. . . . in your mind you have not done any exciting things the last couple weeks; in my mind I have been the BEST MOM EVER (aquarium and Children's Museum!). Nevertheless, I am glad you are settled and Steve is home again. Yay!