Thursday, November 15, 2007

We won!!!

We are in the planning stages of building our house, and it has been painfully slow. One of the major hiccups was the "pitch" of the house. Because its a one story house- it looks better with a steeper roof. So, we proposed a 5:12 pitch. But our planner didn't like that, and told us we had to do a 6:12 pitch..... we refused. We were in code, and the aesthetics of the house will look better. Well, after three weeks of letters, pictures, visits to the neighborhood (all by Steve's part)--- we WON!!!! Yipee for us. Now, we can finally move to the next step... hiring a structural engineer. This is basically what the house is going to look like:


This is the floor plan-you probably can't read anything because its too small... but I'm very excited about the prospect of more than 1 bedroom!!!
We are really into fiber cement board as the siding-- in a dark color as below-- with white trim around the windows. I think it looks elegant, and will fit into the neighborhood.


We liked this dormer (the little architectural element above the garage)-- and the idea of a white garage against the dark background of the house. I'm not sold on the "curvy" garage doors- I think we are sticking to square... we love craftsman style houses.


Okay- I could post pictures for hours... I must stop.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

YES! Congrats! Except that means you are one step closer to moving "away." I LOVE the dark house with the white trim--it is so striking and beautiful. I am seeing green over here!

teuscher travels said...

Looks sooooo good and I am so excited for you! you deserve more room in a pretty house! Maddie will love running around! Cant wait to see it up!