Monday, November 26, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE!

Ok- so, we know that Maddie will not be able to read this... but




HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE!!!!




We are planning to throw her a "big" party with friends in January when it is less crazy for the holidays, so we played it very low key at home. Well- low key for her. She was sick and grumpy which made it very challenging for me. I tried to make things special (cheese on her broccoli, home made tamales for dinner)... but she winced at everything I put in front of her.




I was very tired by dinner time and asked myself, what was the point!? Until- Steve reminded me that we hadn't given her "the birthday cupcake yet!" I decided that a cake would be way too overboard for a 1 year old- so I made a little cupcake:





I thought after wincing at everything else that day- she would wince at the cupcake, but boy was I wrong- and it MADE MY DAY.

A couple of days earlier, Steve made her a purple chair- and she immediately sat on it and started giggling. It was a perfect throne for her birthday.

1 comment:

teuscher travels said...

Sooo cute! she is such a girl to go straight to dessert, she knows what is important:) Happy Birthday Maddie!