Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Shopping Frenzy

Steve and I went to the mall the other day to find some shoes for Maddie and it was a real disappointment-- either they were too expensive, or we didn't like them. Why is it that the nicest things cost the most?!!! (hee, hee)
After 6 stores and no shoes in hand, we walked through Nordstrom back to the car. We remembered that they had a children's department- so we checked out the shoes. Talk about amazing selection of shoes?! But- of course they were too expensive. Is there anything on sale I asked? "No. But- there is the 1/2 yearly sale on Wednesday. Maybe you should check it out..." And so I did....
I got there when when the store opened, and there were already 50 + women and children yanking shoes and clothes off the racks. I felt like I had to get in there as fast as I could. I quickly grabbed 5 pairs of shoes and yelled "do you have this in a 5 1/2???" IT WAS RIDICULOUS.
Who goes to Nordstrom at 9 in the morning on a Wednesday? I guess I do, as embarrased as I am. This is what I bought:

At least I got them for a good price.

2 comments:

teuscher travels said...

Ok those are DARLING shoes and well worth the frenzy, you should be proud of yourself! and maddie should be happy she has such a good mom!! sooo cute!

Ashley said...

Of course I love this story! Cute shoes! And wow, it does look like anarchy!