Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How much do YOU sleep?


I'm a big sleeper. It's one of my favorite things to do, and if I don't get enough shut eye, I am not myself. I know this will be a big shock- but I've only pulled 1 all nighter. I just can't do it. So, I remember in college learning that people SHOULD get 8-9 hours, but I know most of you out there (like my husband) can get by on 6 hours or less? (But, you may die sooner! J/K)


Sleep just hasn't been the same with a baby (all parents would probably agree). Those days of taking 2-3 hours naps on Sundays are a distant memory. I thought it would be getting better as Maddie got older, but we have hit another bump in the road... she wakes up 3-4 times a night crying, which is no fun.

Quoting one of my books "The 8-12 month period can be extremely difficult for parents." No kidding!

I was reading some interesting stuff on "FRONTLINE" about the importance of sleep on the teenager brain and how it affects memory and learning -- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/teenbrain/from/.

I think I still have a teenager brain!

Keep well rested....

No comments: