Monday, October 22, 2007

Food Snob?

I used to eat everything and didn't think about what ingredients were on the back of the carton. But, things have changed for me ever since I was "diagnosed" with gluten intolerance. Since I have to make sure that things I buy don't have certain things, I now read the back of almost everything I eat.

Let's take yogurt as an example:

I used to eat yoplait yogurt. I thought it was the best. Who could resist the cute little container? Well, now it seems so foreign to me. Yogurt just shouldn't be gelatinous-- it should be creamy, right? It shouldn't have high fructose corn syrup. What's wrong with that you may say?! I'll leave that debate for you, but I just want to focus on the taste... sugar just tastes better.


I have shopped around for the best tasting yogurt, and have settled on my favorite:


TRADER JOES ORGANIC YOGURT. I haven't tried the one in the picture, but I LOVE the vanilla and bannana/vanilla flavour. Mix in some rasberries, and some granola- and you have one of my favorite breakfasts. Even Steve can't go back (which is saying a lot). He wouldn't eat the yogurt I mistakenly bought because he said he could taste the "aftertaste" of chemicals? My tongue isn't that sensitive....

It's not 0% fat- but it's 100% yogurt, and 100% delicious.

(i'm sorry if i offend anyone who loves yoplait, or any other yogurt brand out there)

1 comment:

leakysieve said...

Amen to nasty chemical aftertaste!
I'll have to try TJs