Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our little friend




About a week ago, we noticed a bird starting to make a nest in a little niche outside of our front door! This has happened before, but they abandoned it because it wasn't that peaceful. But, to our amazement, this little bird has stayed! And is laying eggs (we think). Poor thing, though- because every time we open or close the door it freaks out and flies away to a tree and then has to come back and settle itself in again.



See her? She is so cute. This is the second time this has happened to me and my abode- In my freshman dorm, my roommate and I always left the windows open, and forgot to close them for spring break. She was gone, but I ended up coming a few days earlier. Apparently, a bird built a nest on top of our bookshelf and had 4 eggs! While I was taking a nap one afternoon, the eggs hatched and the babies fell out of the bookshelf onto my roommate desk and then eventually flew out the window. It was crazy town but SUPER cool. I'll definitely never forget that.

I hope she lays eggs and we get to see the birds hatch :)

No comments: