Monday, June 11, 2012

A Burke Williams Birthday

Last year I got a Burke Williams gift certificate from work and I finally got to use it for A's birthday... We all got different treatments, and I love loved my facial... and probably needed it, as I'll describe below. I've never been to Burke Williams, but it is a really nice atmosphere with tons of different rooms you can relax in. The sauna was so nice...



After three hours at the spa, we went to dinner at The Counter which is always one of my favorites. And, I felt so relaxed with these ladies.

An unexpected benefit of this night was my total change in skin care- After having kids, I have been fighting tons of breakouts and signed up for proactiv, like everyone else in America :) I actually really liked it, and felt like it was helping me... but the aestician told me after looking at my skin, it looked liked papyrus paper! Ugh! I was using so much hydrogen peroxide it was drying my skin out, and causing my skin to overproduce oil, so there was always kind of a low level of acne at all times.

Anyway- I was totally skeptical, but since I had extra money on my gift certificate, I bought the stuff she recommended, and it's been almost 1 month now- I haven't used proactiv, and have NO ACNE... and I really feel like my skin is so much healhier. So- what am I using?

H2V Skin Care as a cleanser- and I think a mild cleanser will do
You're supposed to exfoliate every couple of days or so
Eminence Herbal Spot Serum (an organic acne fighting concoction). I love this stuff- and I've never used anything like it. It cleared my face in a couple of days, but doesn't leave skin feeling dry... I think I'm hooked.
Aveeda tinted moisturizer (super love this)

And- for some more product reviews

My hairdresser recommended this to me (because I was complaining about really fuzzy, unhealthy hair)... and this stuff is amazing. It is a leave in conditioner that basically transforms your hair from feeling dry/frizzy to silky smooth. No joke. I love it.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

So glad you girls had such a great time! & so glad your skin care regime has had a face lift :) I'm going to try your hair recommendation! Thanks!

The Mostess said...

You and HT crack me up--she just did a post about her favorite beauty products. Are you two being paid to hock stuff?

I got a Clairisonic for my bday, and I suspect you would fall in love with it. It's like a Sonicare for your face. SO relaxing. And you can use it with your own products.

I don't have to use your leave-in conditioner because my hair is now silky smooth. Just ask Ash--she will tell you all about it!

Carly said...

Alie, I had the exact same experience after my first facial. The aesthetician told me I was totally drying my face out with harsh products so I started using a really mild cleanser and a really great moisturizer. Who would have thunk it? Makes me regret waiting until I was 26 to get that facial. :)