Monday, August 8, 2011

The other Leeflangs

Once in a blue moon, our family visits us in lone California! Whoo hoo! This time it was Steve's brother and sister in law and kids- it was so great to have them here. They have the cutest little girls that are exactly the age of our girls, so it is perfect for all of us.

The first day we went to the beach and the second day we headed south to Gilroy Gardens. Usually Gilroy Gardens is a huge hit, but because the kids stayed up really late playing with each other, they were kind of walking zombies. Ah! Oh well, I just couldn't make them go to bed early- they were having too much fun. Plus, aren't the best memories when you were at your friends/families house having a sleep over? Good times.


These little cousins hit the tea cups first, and loved every minute of it. Emi tried to get on, but got super scared, so we stopped the ride. Emi! What happened to my thrill seeker?


"Mom, can I ride by myself?" "Yes, Mad." "Mom, can I ride by myself?" "Yes, Mad." "Mom, can I ride by myself?" "Yes, Maddie!!!" Yes- she was excited to ride this by herself, and who can blame her? I still remember the moment when I got to ride these little cars in Lagoon (a theme park by my house).



It wasn't super hot, but these snow cones looked delicious and seriously tempting. Both Maddie and her cousin got to order by themselves which was really funny!!


I think we rode about everything in the park except for 3 rides, which made it a full day! We got there before the gates opened, and left not one minute before it closed. I've never been there that long, and the kids were exhausted- but we didn't regret one thing! These pictures of Maddie and her cousin are my favorite series for the day because they just feel like a fun young summer.


So fun to be young and carefree :)



Love this girl.


No comments: