Monday, August 8, 2011

The Lake of Bear

Deep in the rocks of Northern Utah lies the famous Bear Lake which has brought many great memories to Steve. (hee hee) I'm afraid I never spent many summers here, but I was along for the ride. It was fun to see him enjoy himself so much, and actually be bored for a couple of hours (which never happens).


The fun cousins who basically swam 7 hours a day. Camping is great- we need to do this more.


Smilie here had a great time splashing the day away. We found little frogs, tadpoles, roasted marshmellows, went to Rasberry Days, drank tons of Capri Suns... what more can you ask for?




Love them!





Bless Steve's Dad's soul- he rented Ski Jets while we were there, and it was awesome. The entire family took 15 minutes turns, which was a blast. I'm more of a go fast and jump the waves, and Steve is more of a turner and jump his own wake driver.





Splash'n back and forth!




Steve was so excited for this trip, he bought a little boat, water toys, sand toys, goggles, every type of treat you can find on the isles of Walmart, Rootbeer... it was some serious motivation :)


These two were basically in this position the entire trip!





This little guy is Maddie's other cousin who, by the way, is the nicest 1st grader I've ever met. He is so funny and I loved to hang out with him during the trip. My favorite conversation went like this... "So, how did you sleep last night?" "Oh, really good." "Well, I mean, maybe... well, I woke up a lot and I was really cold."




Hee hee. Yes, I was cold too. I should have brought more blankets! Ah!




The second night we were there, there was a 1) rainstorm, 2) lightning storm, 3) windstorm followed by Steve's snoring. Oh.... I was tired.

One of the other highlights was meeting our new Nephews (held by Uncle B and B)!!! They were so adorable... and I kept on thinking about how much work Twins would be. You guys are doing great!
And, of course, lots of great moments with Grandma and Grandpa. Emilie still says "Papa Sue," which has to be heard in real life to get how cute it is.

All in all, it was a great trip- and we can't wait to come back next year!

2 comments:

cbleeflang said...

Bart loves Bear Lake too-it must be all the memories from their childhood and grandma and grandpa Leeflang. Looks like the Leeflang family had a great time!

The Mostess said...

I love-love-love Bear Lake. Glad you had a great time!