Monday, August 8, 2011

A Garden Party

A few days back off the plane, I helped plan a "Garden Party" for the ladies in our church. We plan this event every year to thank everyone for what they do, and let them know that we love them. I think it was gorgeous- but it was a lot of work, especially because I was still recovering from jet lag etc. I don't usually post about parties, but I need to post about this one, because we spent some many hours on this baby!!

We decided to go "country garden" theme, with quiches, muffins, salads, lemonade. It was a very cute idea that I will definitely repeat someday.


The dessert table was CRAZY- of course everything homemade. Our fearless leader is a killer baker, so she slaved away making all of this heaven. Maybe next year we will order a pizza and ice cream bars?



A pic of the main food table- it was really fun to decorate.





The trick about these events is trying do things on a budget... and when I say budget, I mean "how can we do this and not spend any money?" Ha! I used vases that we bought many years ago, and begged our neighbor to use her beautiful hydrangeas, and supplemented with stuff in our yard. For $0.00, I think we did pretty well :)


I also thought the cut out napkins into hearts was a cute and very cheap idea on the tables!


After 5 million hours, the event was a success!!! Horrah!! I basically passed out for the next 24 hours.



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing Alie! I love seeing things like this that are going on...although it just makes me miss it there! Good job! I happen to understand how hard that one is to pull off!